Medical Coding Certification Training Program
Open Enrollment: Start Today
Our nationally renowned instructor, Natasha C. Miller, MS, RHIA, CPC, CPB, CPC-I provides coaching and mentoring with proven test-taking strategies to have success in passing the CPC.
Course Objectives (click to expand)
- Identify the purpose of the CPT® , ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II code books
- Understand and apply the official ICD-10-CM coding guidelines
- Apply coding conventions when assigning diagnosis and procedure codes
- Identify the information in appendices of the CPT® code book
- Explain the determination of the levels of E/M services
- Code a wide variety of patient services using CPT® , ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II codes
- List the major features of HCPCS Level II codes
- Provide practical application of coding operative reports and evaluation and management services
16 Week Medical Coding (CPC) Certification Training Course The program will instructional methods used include reading assignments, practice exercises, interactive video/audio lectures, chapter review tests, and final exam.
- Practicode is a web-based training program allowing new medical coders to gain the confidence of coding 660 cases in a variety of specialties.
- To learn more about Practicode, click here (https://www.aapc.com/practicode/)
- Completed at your own pace, we recommend 5 Weeks
Professional resume created by our partner, Project Resume, click here to learn more.
Materials & Requirements:
- 2021 Textbooks (Included)
- 2021 Medical Coding Training: CPC®; AAPC; AAPC Publisher
- 2021 Medical Coding Training: Practical Application CPC®; AAPC; AAPC Publisher; Required Code Books
2021 Coding Books (Not Included):
- CPT® Professional Edition (2021 year), AMA Publisher
- ICD-10-CM Code Set (any publisher)
- HCPCS Level II (2021 year)
- Recommended Supplies (Not Included): Highlighters, Medical Dictionary, Small Tabs
- High-speed Internet connection with Blackboard supported Operating System & Web browser
- Adobe Flash Player
- PowerPoint Viewer